“Appearance of Smile” is getting more and more important every single day as the “Importance of Aesthetics” is getting a major requirement in our lives. Our smile is the first fact if we are talking about a “beautiful facial expression” or an “aesthetic face”. Components of our smile are our teeth, gum, lips, cheeks and also harmony of all these units. Including all these factors, starting with having healthy teeth, having harmony of these structures with special ratios can be defined as “Smile Design”.
As every person is unique “smile design” cannot be put in to certain templates. Custom smile design is the only thing which will make the patient happy defining him/her aesthetic. In order to create the exact “Smile Design” we need to use the first rule of aesthetic, which is “Golden Ratio” while arranging the ratio of teeth, and also considering the appearance of teeth during functions just as speaking and smiling.
How is Smile Design Done?
The first rule is always to have healthy teeth.
- Oral health is determined at the first consultation. Unhealthy teeth and gum is diagnosed and planned to be treated.
- Aesthetic procedure stages:
- Professional dental pictures/videos of the patient are taken.
- Initial impressions of all teeth are taken
- Consultation with patient” is another important stage to learn patient’s smile imagination.
- Length / shape / colour of porcelain restorations are determined according to patient’s expectations.
- Minimal drilling is done to teeth if needed under local injections. Impressions are taken, and the session ends with fixing temporary laminates/crowns.
- It is time for the dental technician to work.
- Fixing the porcelain restorations is the last procedure for this treatment.
Higher success rates can be achieved by the help of digital workflows, which is done by the help of Cad-Cam systems, newly developed systems for dentistry. Impressions can be taken digitally using a special 3D camera, and restorations are designed on a 3D software, and created by special machines.
NOTE: What makes “Smile Design” look natural is the material used. Material choices may change due to every single case, according to design planned, conditions of teeth.
Material alternatives for smile design:
- Ivoclar E-Max Laminate Veneers / Crowns
- Zirconium Crowns/Bridges
- Off The Scale Extra White E-Max & Zirconium
Experience Dental Travel! We are ready to help any time.
You may discover Sarıgerme alone or with experienced tour guides. Just schedule your appointment, the rest is up to us!